4. April 2014

Stamping Plate QA27 from Born Pretty Store

Let me boast about my new stamping plates: for a while I was not buying any, but I was lucky to get some plates for review from Born Pretty Store. And below is a sneak peek of the result I got with their help:

stamping nail art

But let me tell a couple of words about the base colour first: this is a 1EUR (sale) Alessandro Candy Floss Pink polish that I own for ages. Together with 2 other little Alessandros.

Alessandro Candy Floss Pink 

Alessandro Candy Floss Pink is a baby pink creme wannabe, quite whitened out and with a drop of coral. The application is everything but easy, this little b...baby makes such bald spots that you can't imagine. If you get away with 3 coats - you are lucky.

Alessandro nagellacke

Alessandro Candy Floss Pink

I don't think this polish is still available in stores, but it doesn't matter because I don't recommend it anyway :D The shade is interesting, but not so unique, so you can easily find a substitute. I like how it looked on my nails in the end, and it was a good base for stamping.

Alessandro Candy Floss Pink nail polish pink

Alessandro Candy Floss Pink nagellack

The duty is done - the swatches are posted, the honours are paid to the polish, now it goes to "use-them-up" bin and I move furhter to the stamping plate. Here it is, below - QA27, with a blue protection film on the left and ready to use on the right:

born pretty store stamping plate QA27born pretty store stamping plate QA27

As you might know, I prefer the full nail designs over small ones. And for me the major factor is the size of the image on the plate, as I'm not willing to double-stamp, we are not in 2009 ;P In this particular case the size was not a problem at all, the image is 1.6 x 1,4 cm (for comparison: Bundle Monster (2012) is also 1,6 x 1,4 cm, Konad is 1,5 x 1,2 cm). Quite good, eh?

born pretty store stamping plate QA27

Even better is that this plate retails at $1.99 (!) - you can purchase it here. For this price, the quality was superb - I had no problems with the stamping process whatsoever, I hope it is visible from my pics, even though I used a normal nail polish for stamping - Alessandro Strawberry Daiquiry. 

born pretty store stamping plate QA27

born pretty store stamping plate size

qa27

born pretty store stamping plate QA27
I'm looking forward to testing the other stamping plates as well, but even now I can tell you - I'm quite inspired by the price/quality ratio.


And finally, here's a coupon for 10% discount at Born Pretty Store. Check their site, apart from stamping plates they have a whole huge variety of different decorations, nail art tools and supplements and other nice stuff for nails! 
*The stamping plate was kindly provided by Born Pretty Store PR team for my consideration. In this post I expressed my honest and unbiased opinion about the product.

16 Kommentare:

  1. This looks lovely! It's a shame the base pink was difficult to apply, because it's a very pretty colour!
    I have seen this image on Bregje's nails and already liked it. Now that I see on yours, I definitely have to get this plate. ;-)
    Have a great weekend! <3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! The stamping plate is really good, I also saw Bregje's review and I support here in questioning why to put 2 similar image together, hehe! But overall the plate is worth having! :)

      Löschen
  2. Великолепно! И со стемпингом, и без.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Bad bad pink even though it looks flawless with your application, I love the stamping too definitely a combo that would find it's way to my nails :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I'm glad that you liked it! :) Alessandro does look nice, from far away especially, but it's not worth the nerves :) Anyway, it was a limited edition or so.. :)

      Löschen
  4. Great mani.
    Very pretty.
    Love the colors.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I am glad it ended up looking as great as it did :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Me too! Although I worried a lot about the result! :)

      Löschen
  6. Lovely! the plate images look really nice. loved your comment about full size image plates :P

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I am really satisfied by the BPS stamping plates! I love them! And I really like the colours you used here, too bad the polishes are so poor but good thing is they are quite dupe-able!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I'm glad you share my opinion! The polishes are not sooo sooo bad, just not the best ones :) But you are right, they are totally replaceable.

      Löschen
  8. Beautiful plate! Definitely added to my (neverending) shopping list lol. And may I ask where do you buy the Alessandro polishes?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I got the little Alessandro on sale from Douglas and Muller in Germany some years ago. I don't know where they are sold in other countries.. but I don't find them so special to want more of them.. :)

      Löschen