17. August 2013

Lime Yellow

*planned post; me having the most romantic moments in life on Santorini*
Let's talk about... limes! My opinion is still undefined: I like gazing at the other people's swatches of lime polishes, but myself... I wear them like once per year. Do you like lime shades? Do you have many lime polishes in your stash? I have... one, and I got it as an extra in my swap with Akuma Kanji, so I didn't even buy it myself lol. Here I'm talking about Yes Love Y74!

Yes Love Y74

Yes Love Y74

Yes Love Y74 is a... hard to describe shade, not yet a green lime, but already not a yellow lemon. Yelime lol. Bright and in-your-face shade. The texture is creme, no shimmer attached.

lime nail polish

bright lime nail polish

Unfortunately, I have to mention the formula, which was a... disaster :{ I barely managed to fight it in 3 coats, the polish is streaky as hell, I didn't even expect such a challenging application. Oh, and forget about self-evening: without a top coat it looks like hilly terrain. Hard times I had while applying it, that's the truth. 

Yes Love nail polish

The sun suits this polish a lot, I felt like my nails were illuminated. I also got some reactions from other people saying: "oh, what a brightie!!" :)  

lime nails

I have to admit that this colour is damn unique in my stash, and that I'm glad that I have it. If my swap buddy, Akuma Kanji, didn't put it in the package, I would never buy such a shade myself - AND I would lose a lot of fun!! So thank you, D.!! : ) 

lime nail art

nail polish lime colour

If I wear lime, it means that I'm in the mood to do so. Yes, I do believe that such shades require a suitable mood, only then you feel them harmonic on your nails :) Right? Or you don't need any special courage to wear a bright lime polish? :) 

22 Kommentare:

  1. when I'm looking at your perfect nails I just can't blieve you have so problems with the application! This polish looks so glossy on you <3

    I'm totally into all kind of lime, shrek-alike shades so this one touches my heart also. I'd like to see it on my hand although the polishing is quite difficult as you've mentioned.
    Huuugs!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much!! Well this one looks quite nice on the photos, mostly due to a thick layer of top coat. But honestly, I start trembling when I remember how I was applying it hehe :) I'm very careful with lime and Shrek-shades, and I adore the girls who can wear them so easily :)

      Löschen
  2. I have that color and haven't tried on my nails (don't ask me why).
    Above the coating it's funny/lovely color!

    Kisses,
    Z

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Haha, I still wonder why!!! Try it on pedicure, it looks cool there as well! :D

      Löschen
  3. Оттенок и правда уникальный, но вот я не могу на себе такое носить, кроме дома, потому что кажется уже несерьезно ))

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. А я с удовольствием его выгуляла, правда в основном на природе, не в городе) Для меня несерьезно пожалуй только мультики на ногтях)

      Löschen
  4. Какой яркий! Мне очень понравился!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Мне тоже он нравится своей кислотностью :)

      Löschen
  5. Oh! great swatches! I'd never had guessed formula was that hideous, it looks perfectly smooth. And I think the colour suits you! I have 4 or 5 limes (could verify, but I'm lazy) and love the colour itself, but can't wear it all the time, I get easily fed up.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I did everything to make the swatches look publishable, without the top coat it would look much worse. I agree, one can easily get tired of such colours! :)

      Löschen
  6. It looks fantastic, I wouldn't have guessed that the formula sucked either. I have a couple of lime coloured polishes, but honestly, I hardly ever wear them :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! A, so you got my point about limes :) The awful formula is covered under a thick layer of top coat lol

      Löschen
  7. Для лета прекрасно! Маникюр, как всегда, вызывает зависть:)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо! :) Именно для лета, прошлый раз носила его в январе, чуть с ума не сошла от яркого пятна на ногтях :)

      Löschen
  8. Очень летний, не желтый и не зеленый - золотая середина. Обожаю такие на лето!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. А я вот долго не решалась его выгулять, и зря, зато каждый раз смотрю на этот лак и думаю, чего в нем больше, желтого или зеленого :)

      Löschen
  9. Looks great on you := I don't have anything similar too green for me I think

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I decided that I won't buy more limes :) I let this one to stand out in my stash :)

      Löschen
  10. Anytime! I remembre you mention something about having na issue with yellows so I had to send you one XD But apparently the formula sucked! Sorry about that. It's really not normal for a Yes Love polish, but I guess it can happen :/ For exemple, I ordered na Illamasqua shade that is a complete disaster and Illamasqua never fails! Well... until then :P ***

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. So good that you did send it :) We all know that the formula can be a surprise any time, I have a couple of Essie and OPI polishes which I can't apply without cursing for half an hour :) so you don't have anything to do with that :)

      Löschen